Honda Rebel 500 Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda Rebel 500 is an A2 licence friendly cruiser style bike with great customisation potential and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 471 cc parallel twin engine, producing 45.6 bhp at 8,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- 264 mm disc at the front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- Non-adjustable Showa 41 mm fork
- Dual Showa rear shocks with 5-level pre-load adjustment
- Side mounted ignition key
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
You can think of the Rebel as a blacked out Bobber style CB500F with fat tyres and a nice low seat. The minimalist negative LCD dash sits in the middle of the bars, with the ignition on the left under the tank.
Compared to the 2017-2019 Rebel there's a cool LED headlight, new LED indicators, a more stylish tail light, a slipper clutch, a new dash with gear indicator, improved rear shocks with more adjustment, an improved seat and power is up 1 bhp but the weight is also up 1 kg.
Honda have made the rear sub-frame removable with only two bolts to easily achieve a Bobber look plus the pillion pegs are easily removable.
The 10-spoke 16" wheels are fitted with a Dunlop D404 130/90 tyre at the front and a 150/80 at the rear.
Accessories include a 12V socket behind the dash, tubular luggage rack, saddlebags, black fork covers, headlight cowl, back rest and a diamond-stitch seat. The £6,200 Rebel S gets the headlight cowl, stitched seat and fork covers.
- 2020: Black, red, matt black, matt blue
It's also known as the CMX500.
Launch RRP: £5,800
Capacity: 471 cc (average)
Power: 46 bhp, 34 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 100 mph, 161 km/h (average)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 75 mpg, 3.8 l/100km, 26.5 km/l (good)
Range: 180 miles, 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 11.2 litres, 3.0 US gallons (average)
Seat Height: 690 mm, 27.2 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 191 kg, 421 pounds (average)
Power to Weight: 0.241 bhp/kg, 0.180 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £69 / Year (high)
Review In A Few
- The perfect blend of retro looks and modern tech
- Easy to bobberise and customise
- Low learner friendly seat
- Looks cool
- Lacks the double disc stopping power of some rivals
- Non-adjustable fork
- No rev counter
- Stock seat
For Sale (14)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: