BMW R1250GS Adventure For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1250GSA is a premium adventure bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,254 cc Boxer engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT), producing 134.1 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm.
- Shaft drive
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with BMW four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode
- 37 mm Telelever front suspension with 210 mm travel
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 220 mm travel
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- Traction control
- Hill start assist
- 890 mm / 910 mm adjustable seat (fixed 910 mm on Rallye)
- LED lighting front and back, protection bars
- 6.5" colour TFT dash with connectivity
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing R1200GSA the big change is the new 84 cc larger engine with VVT (BMW ShiftCam) and a new exhaust system to match. It mechanically shifts between a low speed efficient and high speed high power cam profile to offer better economy and power.
Power is up 9 bhp and maximum torque appears a smidge further down the range, while BMW claim fuel economy is a bit better as well but weight is inevitably up by 8 kg. The spoked 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
- Rallye (£14,865): Rallye seat and colour scheme
- TE (£17,550): TPMS, LED indicators, cruise control, D-ESA, LED running light, fog lights, Ride Modes Pro, Dynamic Brake Light, heated grips, quickshifter, keyless start, cornering ABS
- Exclusive TE (£17,950): TE plus special brown colour scheme
- Rallye TE (£18,100): TE with Rallye seat and colour scheme
Options include Dynamic ESA (electrically adjustable suspension, auto load balancing), Ride Modes Pro including Enduro modes, cornering ABS, dynamic brake light, low 820 mm seat, LED daytime running lights, LED indicators, intelligent SOS system, Akrapovic silencer, heated seat, Aluminium luggage system, quickshifter and various billet parts.
- 2018-2020: Grey, brown, blue/white/red (gold wheels/calipers)
- 2021: Black, white/blue/red, grey/black, black/gold (40th)
Up And Down The Range
Compared to the road-focused R1250GS you get the 10 litre larger fuel tank, protection bars, hand guards, larger screen, wire-spoked wheels and longer travel suspension but also a 40 mm higher seat and 19 kg extra to deal with.
Launch RRP: £14,415
Capacity: 1,254 cc (very high)
Power: 134 bhp / 100 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 125 mph / 201 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 300 miles / 483 km (very high)
Fuel Capacity: 30.0 litres / 6.6 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 890 mm / 35.0 inches (high)
Wet Weight: 268 kg / 591 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.500 bhp/kg / 0.373 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Maximum capability
- Improved torque
- Better economy
- All the toys
- The best part of £20k with the options
2021: Euro 5 compliant, dynamic traction control / cornering ABS now standard, new Eco riding mode, Hill Start Control Pro (lean angle aware) / Cornering Headlight as new options.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left