Yamaha Neo's For Sale
Insurance Costs: 1 of 10
Get a quote with The Bike Insurer
Get a quote with Compare the Market
Buying New: £2,200
Current Prices: £19,150–£1,000
Power: 3 bhp
Engine: 49 cc, 40 mph top speed
Economy: 60 mpg
Range: 70 miles from the 5.4 litre tank
Seat Height: 790 mm
Weight: 95 kg (wet)
What Is It?
The Yamaha Neo's is a budget AM friendly scooter and is powered by a liquid cooled 49.4cc single cylinder engine, producing 3.1bhp at 7,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,000rpm.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt drive
- 190mm disc up front with Brembo single piston caliper
- 110mm drum brake at the rear
- Fork with 70mm travel
- Rear shock with 60mm travel
- Blue backlit dashboard
- Twin eye headlights
- Luggage hook
- Fold out pillion pegs
- Electric and kick starter
- Fuel injection
The 5-spoke 12" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 130/70 at the rear.
Options include a combined braking system, top case rack (£62), 30 litre top box (£56), 39 litre top box (£118).
- 1998: Green, silver, maroon, blue
- 1999: Gold, black, silver, blue
- 2000: Silver, red, blue, black
- 2001: Blue, red, white, silver
- 2002: Grey, blue, red, white
- 2003: Red, silver, blue, black
- 2004: Plum, blackish red, blue, grey
- 2005: Black, light blue, dark blue, grey
- 2006: Silver, grey, blue, black
- 2007: Silver, grey, blue, black
- 2008: Light blue, dark blue, silver, grey
- 2009: 2-stroke: Red, silver, grey [4-stroke: Blue, white, black]
- 2010: 2-stroke: Slate, white, black [4-stroke: Sky blue, white, black]
- 2011: 2-stroke: Silver, white, black [4-stroke: Slate, white, black]
- 2012: 2-stroke: Red, grey, white [4-stroke: Titanium, white, black]
- 2013: 2-stroke: Red, black, white [4-stroke: Titanium, white, black]
- 2014: 2-stroke: Brown, white, black [4-stroke: Brown, white, black]
2008: Complete re-design with new sharper looks, LCD dash with fuel gauge and clock. The wheels are now 5 split spoke instead of 3 spoke.
2009: Introduction of a fuel injected four stroke version as well. The two stroke version has a black exhaust and the four stroke has a grey exhaust.
2013: Neo's Easy launched which is basically the Neo's two stroke but with Steel wheels, Steel grab rails, only one mirror, drum brakes, analogue dash and kick start only to keep the price down.
Did You Know?
It's also known as the YN50.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (6)
- 1 of 2
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2000||30||151||181||4 / month|
|2010||78||33||111||11 / month|
|2011||65||39||104||4 / month|
|2017||40||6||46||59 / month|
|2018||57||-||57||7 / month|
|2019||Data not yet available||Rarely|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk