BMW R 18 B Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (720 mm / 28.3 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (398 kg / 878 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (24.0 litres / 6.3 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: Very High (260 miles / 418 km)
- Top Speed: High (110 mph / 177 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,802 cc)
- Power: Average (90 bhp / 67 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.226 bhp/kg / 0.169 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (5,750 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £21,500
For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The BMW R 18 B is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant air / oil cooled 1,802 cc Boxer engine, producing 89.9 bhp at 4,750 rpm and maximum torque at just 3,000 rpm. An impressive 95% of the torque is available from 2,000 rpm to 4,000 rpm and it idles at 950 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with double-sided swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 300 mm disc at the rear with four piston caliper
- Linked ABS system
- 49 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Cantilever rear suspension with electronic pre-load adjustment and 120 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain, "Roll" (Road), "Rock" (Sport)
- Traction control with off mode
- Cruise control
- Motor slip regulator
- Keyless start
- LED lighting all round
- Analogue / TFT dash with connectivity
- Dynamic brake light
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The R 18 B builds on the popular R 18 with a large batwing fairing, 10.3" 1920x720 TFT dash, pillion friendly seat, 27 litre panniers, swept back bars, wider footrests, cruise control, heated grips, two speaker 50 watt Marshall sound system, tank mounted mobile storage with wireless charging, a blacked out engine, 30 mm more travel at the rear and an 8 litre larger fuel tank however it's 53 kg heavier.
It shares the ginormous 111 kg Boxer centrepiece and open Nickel plated shaft drive. Due to the nature of the Boxer engine sticking out the sides the riding position isn't fully feet forward like other cruisers but you can chose between standard foot controls or boards. Unusually the rear suspension isn't adjustable and instead features a system which adjusts the pre-load based on a height sensor.
The 12-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 16" a huge 180/65.
Accessories include the Marshall 180 watt 4 speaker + sub sound system, radar based Active Cruise Control, cornering headlight, additional LED headlights, SOS system, heated seat, tall screen, reverse gear, hill start control, engine bars, footboards, wind deflectors, wheel options, double line paintwork and a number of shiny bits from Roland Sands in the form of various cylinder head covers, billet mirrors and fuel cap.
- Colours: Black, black/white (First Edition), gold, purple (Option 719)
The "B" stands for Bagger and the "Power Reserve" dial shows how much of the engine's potential is being used.
Up And Down The Range
The R 18 Transcontinental adds the 47 litre top box / pillion backrest, 20 mm higher and wider heated seat, tall screen, footboards, engine bars, wind deflectors, Chrome mirrors and additional LED lights but adds another 29 kg to the weight.