BMW R 18 Transcontinental Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R 18 Transcontinental is a "fully dressed" cruiser style bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant air / oil cooled 1,802 cc Boxer engine, producing 89.9 bhp at 4,750 rpm and maximum torque at just 3,000 rpm. An impressive 95% of the torque is available from 2,000 rpm to 4,000 rpm and it idles at 950 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with double-sided swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 300 mm disc at the rear with four piston caliper
- Linked ABS system
- 49 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Cantilever rear suspension with electronic pre-load adjustment and 120 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain, "Roll" (Road), "Rock" (Sport)
- Traction control with off mode
- Cruise control
- Motor slip regulator
- Keyless start
- LED lighting all round
- Analogue / TFT dash with connectivity
- Dynamic brake light
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The R 18 Transcontinental builds on the R 18 B with the 47 litre top box / pillion backrest, 20 mm higher and wider heated seat, tall screen, footboards, engine bars, wind deflectors, Chrome mirrors and additional LED lights but adds another 29 kg to the weight.
It shares the ginormous 111 kg Boxer centrepiece and open Nickel plated shaft drive. Due to the nature of the Boxer engine sticking out the sides the riding position isn't fully feet forward like other cruisers but you can chose between standard foot controls or boards.
The 12-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 16" a huge 180/65.
Accessories include the Marshall Stage 1 180 watt 4 speaker + sub sound system, Marshall Stage 2 280 watt 6 speaker + 2 sub sound system, radar based Active Cruise Control, cornering headlight, reverse gear, hill start control, SOS system, wheel options, double line paintwork and a number of shiny bits from Roland Sands in the form of various cylinder head covers, billet mirrors and fuel cap.
- Colours: Black, black/white (First Edition), gold, purple (Option 719)
The "Power Reserve" dial shows how much of the engine's potential is being used.
Capacity: 1,802 cc (very high)
Power: 90 bhp, 67 kW (average)
Red Line: 5,750 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 100 mph, 161 km/h (average)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 50 mpg, 5.6 l/100km, 17.7 km/l (average)
Range: 260 miles, 418 km (very high)
Fuel Capacity: 24.0 litres, 6.3 US gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 740 mm, 29.1 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 427 kg, 942 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.211 bhp/kg, 0.157 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- Plenty of customisation options
- Clever hidden rear suspension
- Loads of low down torque
- Minimal electronics package
- As heavy as it gets
- Ground clearance
Bikes for Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today - please try again later.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: