Indian Chieftain Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (660 mm / 26.0 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (385 kg / 849 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (20.8 litres / 5.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: High (110 mph / 177 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,811 cc)
- Power: Average (76 bhp / 57 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.197 bhp/kg / 0.147 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (5,400 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £21,700
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Indian Chieftain is a dedicated retro touring bike and is powered by an air / oil cooled 1,811 cc ThunderStroke III 49° V-Twin engine, producing 76 bhp at 4,500 rpm and maximum torque at just 2,100 rpm. The engine is also used in the full on touring focused Roadmaster.
- Belt final drive
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 300 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS, tyre pressure monitoring system
- 46 mm fork with 119 mm travel
- Rear shock with 114 mm travel
- Electric screen with 100 mm travel, adjustable pillion boards
- LED taillight, indicators and position lights
- 100W entertainment system with USB and Bluetooth
- Keyless start, cruise control
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
For storage you have 60 litre rigid panniers and side glove boxes. The 16" wheels take a Dunlop Elite 3 130/90 tyre at the front and 180/60 at the rear.
Accessories include a slip-on exhaust, rear pannier speakers, 2 level heated seats (£564/£346), heated grips (£296), LED headlight (£395), performance air cleaner/cams, ape hanger bars (£346), pillion backrest (£494) and additional blacked out bits.
- 2014: Blue, red, black
- 2015: Red, blue, black, red/black, red/cream
- 2016: Silver/black, red
- 2017: Black, white, silver, silver/black, red/black
Model History & Updates
£20,700 Chieftain Dark Horse has a black colour scheme with blacked out engine and solo seat. Dry weight is to 364kg.
£22,000 Chieftain Limited edition launched with a noticeably smaller front fender to show off the new larger 19" front wheel, thinner seat, partly blacked out engine and smaller screen. Dry weight is 371kg and the front wheel takes a Dunlop American Elite 130/60 tyre.
Chieftain Elite limited edition launched but with only 350 units worldwide. It's available in red with unique hand painted details that take 25 hours to complete. You also get the 19" front wheel, billet Aluminium boards, 4 speakers and LED headlight. Dry weight is 377kg.
All versions get the new 7" TFT touchscreen dash/satnav system.
Up And Down The Range
The fully dressed Roadmaster is essentially the same bike but includes the LED headlight, 65 litre rear trunk, heated grips, heated seats, rear speakers and adjustable lower side fairings.
Popularity & How Many Left