Indian Chieftain For Sale
What Is It?
The Indian Chieftain is a dedicated retro touring bike and is powered by an air / oil cooled 1,811 cc ThunderStroke III 49° V-Twin engine, producing 76 bhp at 4,500 rpm and maximum torque at just 2,100 rpm. The engine is also used in the full on touring focused Roadmaster.
- Belt final drive
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 300 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS, tyre pressure monitoring system
- 46 mm fork with 119 mm travel
- Rear shock with 114 mm travel
- Electric screen with 100 mm travel, adjustable pillion boards
- LED taillight, indicators and position lights
- 100W entertainment system with USB and Bluetooth
- Keyless start, cruise control
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
For storage you have 60 litre rigid panniers and side glove boxes. The 16" wheels take a Dunlop Elite 3 130/90 tyre at the front and 180/60 at the rear.
Accessories include a slip-on exhaust, rear pannier speakers, 2 level heated seats (£564/£346), heated grips (£296), LED headlight (£395), performance air cleaner/cams, ape hanger bars (£346), pillion backrest (£494) and additional blacked out bits.
- 2014: Blue, red, black
- 2015: Red, blue, black, red/black, red/cream
- 2016: Silver/black, red
- 2017: Black, white, silver, silver/black, red/black
Up And Down The Range
The fully dressed Roadmaster is essentially the same bike but includes the LED headlight, 65 litre rear trunk, heated grips, heated seats, rear speakers and adjustable lower side fairings.
£20,700 Chieftain Dark Horse has a black colour scheme with blacked out engine and solo seat. Dry weight is to 364kg.
£22,000 Chieftain Limited edition launched with a noticeably smaller front fender to show off the new larger 19" front wheel, thinner seat, partly blacked out engine and smaller screen. Dry weight is 371kg and the front wheel takes a Dunlop American Elite 130/60 tyre.
Chieftain Elite limited edition launched but with only 350 units worldwide. It's available in red with unique hand painted details that take 25 hours to complete. You also get the 19" front wheel, billet Aluminium boards, 4 speakers and LED headlight. Dry weight is 377kg.
All versions get the new 7" TFT touchscreen dash/satnav system.
Review In A Few
- Friendly low seat
- Lots of toys
- Pretty heavy and hot
Launch RRP: £21,700
Capacity: 1,811 cc (very high)
Power: 76 bhp / 57 kW (average)
Red Line: 5,400 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 110 mph / 177 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.8 litres / 4.6 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 660 mm / 26.0 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 385 kg / 849 pounds (very heavy)
Dry Weight: 370 kg / 816 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.197 bhp/kg / 0.147 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Popularity & How Many Left