Indian Roadmaster For Sale
Insurance Costs: 7 of 10
Current Prices: £26,700–£12,750
What Is It?
The Indian Roadmaster is a dedicated retro touring bike and is powered by an air / oil cooled 1,811 cc ThunderStroke III 49° V-Twin engine, producing 76 bhp at 4,500 rpm and maximum torque at just 2,100 rpm. The engine is also used in the less full on touring focused Chieftain and final drive is via belt.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 300 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- ABS, tyre pressure monitoring system
- 46 mm fork with 119 mm travel
- Rear shock with 114 mm travel
- Electric screen with 100 mm travel, adjustable lower fairings/pillion boards
- Heated grips with 10 levels, heated seats with 2 levels
- LED lighting all round, 3 power ports
- 100W entertainment system with 4 speakers, USB, Bluetooth
- Keyless start, cruise control
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Total storage is an impressive from 60 litre rigid panniers, a 65 litre carpet lined easily removable boot which can take two helmets and side glove boxes. The 16" wheels take a Dunlop Elite 3 130/90 tyre at the front and 180/60 at the rear.
Accessories include a rider backrest, pillion armrests, highway pegs, leather grips / levers wraps / board tassels and tank bag.
- 2015: Black, red
- 2016: Black, red, grey, blue, red/cream
- 2017: Black, red, grey, red/cream, blue/cream, black/cream
The slightly less dressed Chieftain is essentially the same bike but without the LED headlight, 65 litre rear trunk, heated grips, heated seats, rear speakers or adjustable lower side fairings.
2017: Indian launched the 20 kg lighter £23,100 Roadmaster Classic with leather boot / panniers, LED headlights and Chrome teardrop fuel tank badge. The boot has a quick access bag on top, just behind the integrated pillion backrest however total capacity is roughly 20 litres less than the non-classic model and it doesn't get the adjustable lover fairings or rear speakers. Both bikes get a new 7" TFT dash entertainment / satnav system.
2019: Roadmaster Elite limited edition added with an even more powerful 600W sound system, pillion arm rests, Chrome mirrors, Chrome bumpers, touring dash, special 24 carat gold detailing and a 30 hour hand finished red / black paint job. Check the pics above.
Did You Know?
The Roadmaster was originally in production 1947-1953.
Review In A Few
- Super low seat
- Lots of Chrome
- All the toys
- Low down torque
- Super heavy
Capacity: 1,811 cc (very high)
Power: 76 bhp / 57 kW (average)
Red Line: 5,400 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 110 mph / 177 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.8 litres / 4.6 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 673 mm / 26.5 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 422 kg / 931 pounds (very heavy)
Dry Weight: 408 kg / 900 pounds
Launch RRP: £23,700
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2017||33||2||35||30 / month|
|2018||22||-||22||26 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||150 / month|