- Super low seat, lots of Chrome
- All the toys, low down torque
- Super heavy
It's powered by an air/oil cooled 1,811cc ThunderStroke III 49° V-Twin engine, producing 76bhp at 4,500rpm and maximum torque at just 2,100rpm. The engine is also used in the less full on touring focused Chieftain and final drive is via belt. RRP is £23,700 or £23,100 for the Classic.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 300mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 300mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS, tyre pressure monitoring system
- 46mm fork with 119mm travel
- Rear shock with 114mm travel
- Electric screen with 100mm travel, adjustable lower fairings/pillion boards
- Heated grips with 10 levels, heated seats with 2 levels
- LED lighting all round, 3 power ports
- 100W entertainment system with 4 speakers, USB, Bluetooth
- Keyless start, cruise control
- Fuel injection, 6 speed gearbox
Total storage is an impressive 144 litres from 60 litre rigid panniers, a 65 litre carpet lined easily removable boot and side glove boxes. The trunk itself can take two full face helmets, while 16" wheels take a Dunlop Elite 3 130/90 tyre at the front and 180/60 at the rear.
The slightly less dressed Chieftain is essentially the same bike but without the LED headlight, 65 litre rear trunk, heated grips, heated seats, rear speakers or adjustable lower side fairings.
Accessories include a rider's backrest, pillion armrests, highway pegs, leather grips/levers wraps/ board tassels and tank bag.
- 2015: Black, red
- 2016: Black, red, grey, blue, red/cream
- 2017: Black, red, grey, red/cream, blue/cream, black/cream
2017: Indian launched the 20kg lighter Roadmaster Classic with leather boot/panniers, LED headlights and Chrome teardrop fuel tank badge. The boot has a quick access bag on top, just behind the integrated pillion backrest however total capacity is roughly 20 litres less than the non-classic model and it doesn't get the adjustable lover fairings or rear speakers. On balance we prefer the look of the Classic.
Both bikes get a new 7" TFT dash entertainment/satnav system.
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Value Your Bike
Get a full valuation from We Want Your Motorbike today. Just pop in your reg number and a few bike details, get the valuation and they'll pay for your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Bikes for Sale (8)
£25,949 eBay, 22nd June
£15,995 eBay, 22nd June
PART EX. WELCOME / FINANCE AVAILABLE / BIKES WANTED
£18,990 eBay, 22nd June
LOW RATE FINANCE, NATIONWIDE DELIVERY AND PART EX
Insurance groups vary widely by insurer with anywhere from 17 to 65 groups but our simple scale gives you a rough idea of how wallet busting it's likely to be:
Insurance Group: 7 of 10
With over 85 years’ experience, you can trust Bennetts to find you the cover that meets your needs for the best price from their panel of insurers. So get a quote on their 5-Star Defaqto rated cover today.
Is this your bike? Tell us what's good, what's bad and what you have changed over the years: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out this review from Shawn Smoak:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|