BMW R 18 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (690 mm / 27.2 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (345 kg / 761 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (16.0 litres / 4.2 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: High (120 mph / 193 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,802 cc)
- Power: Average (90 bhp / 67 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.261 bhp/kg / 0.195 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (5,750 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £19,000
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The BMW R 18 is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant air / oil cooled 1,802 cc Boxer engine, producing 89.9 bhp at 4,750 rpm and maximum torque at just 3,000 rpm. An impressive 95% of the torque is available from 2,000 rpm to 4,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with double-sided swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 300 mm disc at the rear with four piston caliper
- Linked ABS system
- 49 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable cantilever rear suspension with 90 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain, "Roll" (Road), "Rock" (Sport)
- Traction control with off mode
- Keyless start
- LED lighting all round
- Dynamic brake light
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Many things make the R 18 unique like the ginormous 111 kg Boxer centrepiece, open Nickel plated shaft drive, easy to remove rear frame, combined rear brake light / indicators, pin striped paintwork and the gorgeous fishtail exhausts.
Due to the nature of the Boxer engine sticking out the sides the riding position isn't fully feet forward like many other cruisers but you can chose between standard foot controls or boards and even ape hanger or swept back bars.
The 19" wire-spoked front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 16" a huge 180/65.
Accessories include the two up seat, brown seat, bobber seat, 710 mm high seat, Vance and Hines mufflers (Silver / Black), reverse gear (£930), hill start control (£100), cornering headlight, LED DRL, heated grips (£255), 16" - 21" front wheels, pannier bags, plenty of screen options, Option 719 seat / wheels and a number of shiny bits from Roland Sands in the form of various cylinder head covers, billet mirrors, fuel cap and headlight surround.
- 2020-2021: Black, black/white (First Edition)
- 2022: Black, red, green, white/blue/purple (Option 719)
It channels the looks of the 1936 R 5, sports the largest Boxer engine ever from BMW and the rear suspension is hidden under the seat.
Model History & Updates
2021: Cruise control plus steering damper now an option.
Up And Down The Range
2021: £20,980 R 18 Classic with pillion seat, pannier bags, tall screen, additional LED lights, cruise control and 16" front wheel with fat tyre.