BMW R 18 Classic Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (710 mm / 28.0 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (365 kg / 805 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (16.0 litres / 4.2 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: High (120 mph / 193 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,802 cc)
- Power: Average (90 bhp / 67 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.247 bhp/kg / 0.184 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (5,750 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £20,980
For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The BMW R 18 Classic is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant air / oil cooled 1,802 cc Boxer engine, producing 89.9 bhp at 4,750 rpm and maximum torque at just 3,000 rpm. An impressive 95% of the torque is available from 2,000 rpm to 4,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with double-sided swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 300 mm disc at the rear with four piston caliper
- Linked ABS system
- 49 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable cantilever rear suspension with 90 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain, "Roll" (Road), "Rock" (Sport)
- Traction control with off mode
- Cruise control
- Keyless start
- LED lighting all round
- Dynamic brake light
- Adjustable levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The R 18 Classic is the ground breaking R 18 in full bagger Harley killing mode. BMW have added the two up seat, pannier bags (15 litres each), tall screen, additional LED lights / indicator cluster, cruise control and changed down the front wheel from 19" to 16" with a fatter tyre however the seat height is 20 mm higher and the weight is up a chunky 20 kg.
Like the standard R 18 you get the ginormous 111 kg Boxer centrepiece, open Nickel plated shaft drive and combined rear brake light / indicators. Luckily most of the additions can be removed or swapped for other options from the catalogue - the R 18 really is a next gen cruiser platform.
Due to the nature of the Boxer engine sticking out the sides the riding position isn't fully feet forward like many other cruisers but you can chose between standard foot controls or boards and even ape hanger or swept back bars.
The 16" wire-spoked wheels take a Michelin Commander 130/90 tyre at the front and a 180/65 at the rear.
Accessories include the double-lined paintwork, Vance and Hines mufflers (Silver / Black), reverse gear, hill start control, cornering headlight, LED DRL, heated grips, steering damper, Option 719 seat and a number of shiny bits from Roland Sands.
- 2021: Black
- 2022: Black, red, green, white/blue/purple (Option 719)