Moto Guzzi V7 IV Review (2021)
What Is It?
The forth iteration of the retro Moto Guzzi V7 is powered by a Euro 5 compliant air-cooled 853 cc transversely mounted V-Twin engine, producing 65 bhp at 6,800 rpm and maximum torque at 5,000 rpm.
- Seat Height: Low (780 mm / 30.7 inches)
- Dry Weight: Heavy (218 kg / 481 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (21.0 litres / 5.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Good (65 mpg / 4.3 l/100km / 23.0 km/l)
- Range: High (250 miles / 402 km)
- Top Speed: Average (100 mph / 161 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (853 cc)
- Power: Average (65 bhp / 48 kW)
- Redline: Average (8,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £8,000
What Is It Like?
Moto Guzzi V7 Special 2022
Tell us a bit about you
I'm a 65 year old male, 5 ft 11 inch.
Your biking experience to date?
I road raced for 15 years and I have been biking since I was 26 years old.
Why did you choose it?
It's great looking and the maintenance is easy.
What is good about it?
Smooth fuelling and very comfortable on long runs.
What could be improved?
Maybe a little more power.
Any mods or upgrades?
Just a main stand.
What is the economy like?
I’m getting about 70 mpg.
How is the engine?
Really smooth for a V-Twin.
How does it handle?
Great for a retro style bike.
What are the brakes like?
Is it comfortable?
The seat is exceptionally comfortable.
How reliable have you found it?
What's the servicing frequency and cost like?
£300 ish every 6,000 miles / 9,660 km.
To sum up
The Moto Guzzi V7 iV is excellent.
- Kenneth P
Gear & Accessories
Add Your Review
Do you own this bike? We would love to hear anything good, bad, unexpected or that you have changed plus anything that a prospective new owner might find interesting or useful.