Honda CBR650F Review (2014)
What Is It?
The Honda CBR650F is a mid-range everyday sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 649 cc four cylinder engine, producing 85.8 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Seat Height: Average (810 mm / 31.9 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (211 kg / 465 lbs)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: High (190 miles / 306 km)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.412 bhp/kg / 0.307 kW/kg)
- Top Speed: High (145 mph / 233 km/h)
What Is It Like?
Choosing The 650F
I've only been riding since October 2017 so when I passed choosing a bike was like a minefield. Although I knew I wanted a sports bike!
After sitting on many different bikes the CBR was the best fit for me in many ways and I'm so glad I went for a minimum of 600cc. The CBR650F gave me the sports feel that I wanted and is most definitely fun for a first bike.
She's very light and so easy to handle. I'm 5'9" and my feet touch the ground very comfortably. Although it's not the most powerful in the 600 group, for a first time rider you won't be disappointed with the power or agility.
- Seat is very comfortable
- Nice riding position
- Handles perfectly
- Great for those country roads
- Great on fuel
- Wrists hurt after a couple hours riding
- Stock exhaust sound is not very good for a sports bike
- Clutch is quite far out and non-adjustable
- No gear indicator
- New clutch and brake levers
- Akrapovic full exhaust system installed (added more HP)
- Tail tidy
- Crash bungs fitted
- Wind shield fitted
- Wheel trim decals
- New bar ends
- Optimate lead fitted
To Sum Up
Overall this bike is very good and I'm so glad I took my time choosing her. The first time I sat on her and rode her I knew she was the bike for me. First time riders definitely have this bike in your sights, she's a real contender!
- Keats P, 2018
Gear & Accessories
Honda CBR650F (2017 On) - New upgraded version.
Honda CB650F - Naked version with no fairing and high bars.
Add Your Review
Do you own this bike? We would love to hear anything good, bad, unexpected or that you have changed plus anything that a prospective new owner might find interesting or useful.
Check out this two part video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.