Niu UQi Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (840 mm / 33.1 inches)
- Weight: Light (58 kg / 128 lbs)
- Battery Capacity: 1.0 kWh
- Range: Low (25 miles / 40 km)
- Charge Time: Slow (7.0 hours)
- Top Speed: Low (28 mph / 45 km/h)
- Power: Low (1 bhp / 1 kW)
- Power: Continuous (0.8 kW / 1.1 bhp)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.017 bhp/kg / 0.013 kW/kg)
- Launch RRP: £1,350
For Sale (12)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Niu UQi is an AM licence friendly city scooter and is powered by a Bosch electric hub motor which puts out 0.8 kW (1.1 bhp).
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- 220 mm disc up front with three piston caliper
- 180 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Combined braking system
- Standard fork
- Dual rear shocks
- Power modes: Eco (50% power), Road
- Re-gen braking (+6% range)
- LCD dash with connectivity
- LED lighting all round
- Key operated steering lock
- Keyless ignition
- Cruise control
- USB port
- IMU based movement alarm (when battery is onboard)
- Self cancelling indicators
- Side and centre stand
- Bag hook
The 48 V 21 Ah Panasonic Lithium battery charges in 7 hours, either onboard under the seat or in your home / office and weighs 5.2 kg.
The app is worth a mention and has a few cool features:
- Scooter movement and topple alerts
- GPS powered scooter locator
- Riding data
For an extra £480 it's available in a GT version with a 1.2 kW (1.6 bhp) continuous power / 1.5 kW (2 bhp) peak power motor and a range doubling battery which can be charged in just 5 hours.
The 10-spoke 14" front wheel takes a CST 90/90 tyre and the rear 14" a 100/80.
Accessories include the front luggage rack, pannier racks and topbox.
Colours: Black, white, grey, red, blue, black/redDid You Know?
- Niu (牛) is Cantonese for cow / bull, designed into the logo and is pronounced "new" - kind of handy for the next generation of electric scooters
- The key is only really needed to operate the steering lock and open the seat
- The pillion seat detaches to reveal the rear luggage rack
- Unusually for a scooter the underbone frame is visible