Niu NQi Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (740 mm / 29.1 inches)
- Weight: Light (110 kg / 243 lbs)
- Battery Capacity: 1.7 kWh
- Range: Low (40 miles / 64 km)
- Charge Time: Slow (7.0 hours)
- Top Speed: Low (28 mph / 45 km/h)
- Power: Continuous (1.8 kW / 2.4 bhp) Peak (2.3 kW / 3.1 bhp)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.018 bhp/kg / 0.014 kW/kg)
- Launch RRP: £2,480
For Sale (14)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Niu NQi is an AM licence friendly scooter and is powered by a Bosch electric hub motor which puts out 1.8 kW (2.4 bhp).
- Steel tubular frame and Titanium swingarm
- 220 mm disc up front with two piston caliper
- 180 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Standard 31 mm fork
- Dual rear shocks
- Power modes: Eco (11 mph), Road (21 mph), Sport (28 mph)
- Re-gen braking (+6% range)
- LCD dash with connectivity
- LED lighting all round
- Keyless ignition
- Cruise control
- USB port
- IMU based movement alarm (when battery is onboard)
- Self cancelling indicators
- Flip out pillion pegs
- Side and centre stand
- Bag hook
The 60 V 29 Ah Panasonic Lithium battery charges in 7 hours, either onboard under the seat or in your home / office and weighs 10 kg. Niu offer a two year guarantee on the battery and it lives under the floor.
For storage there is 18.9 litres under the seat plus a small open glovebox in the steering column. The app is worth a mention and has a few cool features:
- Scooter movement and topple alerts
- GPS powered scooter locator
- Riding data
The 5-spoke 12" wheels take a CST 90/90 tyre at the front and a 120/70 at the rear.
Colours: Black, matt black, matt grey, white, red, blue, white/red, black/red, black/whiteDid You Know?
- Niu (牛) is Cantonese for cow / bull, designed into the logo and is pronounced "new" - kind of handy for the next generation of electric scooters
- The self cancelling indicators emit a loud ping pong sound to alert pedestrians but it can be changed in the app
- The dash changes colour based on remaining power
Up And Down The Range
For an extra £480 it's available as an A1 licence friendly GTS version with a 3.0 kW (4 bhp) continuous power / 3.5 kW (4.7 bhp) peak power motor, a second range doubling battery which can both be charged in just 4 hours, 14" wheels, combined brakes, 10 miles more range, a 45 mph top speed and a higher 820 mm seat. It has a larger LCD dash showing the status of both batteries however the second battery takes up the storage area under the seat.
Popularity & How Many Left