Yamaha XVS1300 Midnight Star For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha XVS1300A Midnight Star is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,304 cc 60° V-Twin four stroke engine, producing 71.7 bhp at 5,500 rpm and maximum torque at 4,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 298 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41 mm fork with 135 mm travel
- Rear shock with 110 mm travel
- 2->1 Chrome exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox
The huge V-Twin features dual balancer shafts for less vibrations plus the usual cruiser style belt final drive and footboards. The 8-spoke 16" wheels take a 130/90 tyre at the front and 170/70 at the rear.
Accessories include hard leather covered panniers, quick release screen (£374), sissy bar (£82), Boulevard small screen (£171), billet custom wheels (£1,245), comfort solo seat (£286), custom indicators (£274), billet pedal covers and billet pillion floorboards.
Colours: Black, silver, red
For 2014 Yamaha switched it up with a £9,000 custom re-design, already available as the Stryker in the USA:
- "80 cubic inches" (1,300 cc)
- Lower 670 mm seat
- Single piece seat
- Longer front suspension / increased rake to 40° chopper style
- Blacked out 2->2 exhaust system and airbox
- 5-spoke wheels with a single 320 mm disc up front and 310 mm rear
- 21" front wheel with 120/70 tyre, rear up to 18" with 210/40
- Around 10 kg lighter, but fuel capacity is down 4 litres
Colours: Black, redDid You Know?
It's also called the V-Star 1300.
Review In A Few
- The weight is low down
- Nice low seat
- Great sound
- Fuel gauge
- Ground clearance
- No rev counter
- Really heavy
Launch RRP: £8,000
Capacity: 1,304 cc (very high)
Power: 72 bhp / 54 kW (average)
Top Speed: 120 mph / 193 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 190 miles / 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres / 4.2 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 690 mm / 27.2 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 304 kg / 670 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.237 bhp/kg / 0.177 kW/kg
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left