Triumph Rocket III Touring For Sale
What Is It?
The Triumph Rocket III Touring is based on the 146bhp Rocket III cruiser launched in 2004 but with touring credentials designed in. It's powered by a liquid cooled 2,294 cc triple engine, producing 106 bhp at just 5,400 rpm and maximum torque at a ridiculously low 2,000 rpm. The roadster makes 146 bhp at 5,750 rpm.
- Tubular steel frame
- Dual floating 320 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 316 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston calipers
- ABS system
- 43 mm Kayaba fork with 120 mm travel
- Dual rear Kayaba pre-load adjustable shocks with 105 mm travel
- Spring loaded chromed Aluminium footboards with replaceable sliders
- Quick release spring loaded detachable short screen
- Quick release sissy bar and gel padded pillion seat
- 3->1->2 exhaust system
The Rocket III Touring differs from the standard Rocket III model in a few key ways, designed to help Triumph tackle the American cruiser market and specifically Harley. There is less power, the steel frame and swingarm are a different design, there are fuel tank mounted instruments and only a single headlight however two additional lights can be added.
It's been made less aggressive with more lower down torque for shifting heavier loads and generally being easier use; ideal for fully loaded two up long trips. Delivering that much torque to the rear wheel requires a shaft drive and that comes with the benefit of minimal maintenance outside regular servicing.
The re-designed narrow subframe is mainly there to allow the large 36 litre lockable panniers to sit on the bike without adding unduly to the overall width and the tyres drops from 240 to 180 for the same reason.The 25-spoke 16" wheels are also quite different to the standard model, giving the effect of older solid wheels with drum brakes and take Metzler 880 180/70 tyres. The panniers are lockable, waterproof and stand up on their own when removed and stored on the floor.
Options include the additional lights, tall screen, pillion backrest and highway pegs.
Colours: Red/black or black with gold detailing.
Review In A Few
- Easier to handle than the roadster
- Licence friendly
- Relaxed riding position
- Super smooth engine
- Panniers are high spec but small
- It's even heavier than the Roadster
- No reverse gear or grab rails
Capacity: 2,294 cc (very high)
Power: 106 bhp / 79 kW (high)
Red Line: 6,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 110 mph / 177 km/h (high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 22.3 litres / 4.9 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 730 mm / 28.7 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 395 kg / 871 pounds (very heavy)
Dry Weight: 358 kg / 789 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.268 bhp/kg / 0.200 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £12,900
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2009||40||13||53||3 / month|
|2010||64||40||104||75 / month|
|2011||61||16||77||58 / month|