Honda Goldwing GL1800 For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda Goldwing GL1800 is a large fully featured touring bike with a shaft drive and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,832 cc flat six cylinder engine, producing 116.7 bhp at 5,500 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,000 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame
- Dual 296 mm discs up front with Nissin three piston calipers
- 316 mm disc at the rear with Nissin three piston caliper
- Combined ABS (C-ABS) system
- 45 mm fork with anti-dive and 140 mm travel
- Rear shock with electric pre-load adjustment and 105 mm travel
- 5 speed gearbox with electric reversing gear
- Surround sound, cruise control, airbag
- Remote control with horn button
- Side-mounted radiators
There's stacks of comfort enhancing tech on the Goldwing including a 6 level electrically adjusted screen, heated grips, seat and footboards.
Storage is impressive from the panniers, trunk and many cubbyholes. It's big and heavy but the starter motor doubles as the reverse electric gear to help move it around at low speeds. The front 5-spoke 18" wheel takes a 130/70 tyre and the rear 16" a 180/60.
Accessories include front LED fog lights (£240), Chrome trunk handle (£78), trunk spoiler (£325), Chrome side stand (£110), gold coloured cylinder head covers (£250), pillion armrest extenders (£260) and trunk lights / mirror vanity setup (£160).
- 2001-2017: Black, grey, red, silver, white
- 2015: Special edition 40th Anniversary colour scheme
2006: Airbag added as standard, new tail lights and dash.
2011: New styling, 6 speaker 80W audio system and luggage capacity up to 150 litres.
Review In A Few
- Loads of smooth low down power
- All of the gadgets
- Seriously heavy
- Only 5 gears
Capacity: 1,832 cc (very high)
Power: 117 bhp / 87 kW (high)
Red Line: 6,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 220 miles / 354 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 25.0 litres / 5.5 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 740 mm / 29.1 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 421 kg / 928 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.278 bhp/kg / 0.207 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £25,000
Check out this video review from Daygoer Rodrigues.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2001||78||35||113||58 / month|
|2002||65||37||102||1 / month|
|2004||70||28||98||1 / month|
|2005||69||20||89||3 / month|
|2006||71||22||93||2 / month|
|2007||111||25||136||57 / month|
|2009||70||17||87||30 / month|
|2010||60||19||79||56 / month|
|2013||60||15||75||80 / month|
|2014||41||8||49||30 / month|
|2015||86||13||99||64 / month|
|2016||20||2||22||34 / month|
|2017||37||2||39||80 / month|