Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Launch RRP: £14,300
Power: 113 bhp
Engine: 937 cc, 12,000 rpm red line, 145 mph top speed
Economy: 40 mpg
Range: 130 miles from the 14.5 litre tank
Seat Height: 890 mm
Weight: 198 kg (wet), 176 kg (dry)
What Is It?
The Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP is a supermoto style naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 937 V-Twin engine, producing 112.6bhp at 9,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,250rpm. For maximum fun the vast majority of torque is available from just 3,000rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo M4.32 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch cornering ABS system with 3 levels
- Adjustable 48mm Ohlins upside down fork with 185mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins rear shock with 175mm travel
- 7-level traction control and wheelie control
- Ride modes: Urban, Touring, Sport
- USB socket under seat, adjustable levers
- Headlight with daytime running light
- LED taillight, LED indicators with auto-off
- 2->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing Hypermotard 939 SP you get a fancy colour 4.3" TFT dash, power is up a couple of bhp, the redline is 200rpm higher, the chassis is new, the exhausts are now under the new narrower design seat and 3kg has been shaved off the weight.
The tweaked engine, still technically the same 937cc capacity, new frame and fork account for most of the weight reduction. The 9-spoke 17" Marchesini forged wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa v3 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Termignoni exhausts, mini screen, heated grips, multimedia system and Carbon Fibre bits.
At the bottom of the range the £11,000 Hypermotard 950 does without the long travel Ohlins suspension, quickshifter, forged wheels, Supercorsa tyres, Carbon Fibre bits and weighs 2kg more.
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.
How fast does a Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP go?
The top speed of the Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP is around 145 mph.
How much does a Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP weigh?
The curb weight of the Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP is 198 kg. It includes fuel, oil and other fluids so is commonly called the wet weight.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: