BMW R1100S For Sale
The 1998 BMW R1100S is a sports touring style bike and is powered by a 1,085cc Boxer engine which puts out 98bhp. A special BoxerCup Replica version was launched in 2003.
Pros / Cons
- Comfortable, capable
- Lacks adjustability in some areas
What Is It?
It's powered by an air and oil cooled 1,085cc Boxer flat twin cylinder four stroke engine, producing 98bhp at 7,500rpm and maximum torque at 5,750rpm. The engine is from R1100RS but has a tweaked compression ratio, air intake and forged connecting rods to increase the top speed and power. Like the R1100RS power reaches the rear wheel via shaft drive and the engine is a stressed member of the frame.
- New Aluminium main frame with Steel tubular subframe
- Dual 305mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 276mm disc at the rear with 2 piston caliper
- Anti-dive Telelever fork with 110mm travel with rebound adjustment
- Paralever rear suspension with 130mm travel and pre-load/rebound adjustment
- Bosch Motronic MA 2.4 fuel injection
- Magnesium valve covers
- Adjustable levers (4 positions)
- Clip-on handlebars
- Removable pillion seat cover
- 6 speed gearbox
- Centre stand
The look is quite unique with the single sided swingarm, low down Boxer engine, dual under seat 2->2 Stainless Steel exhaust system and asymmetrical headlights. Around 2002 the front discs were enlarged to 320mm.
Options include ABS II, hard panniers, 2-level heated grips, high handlebars, tall screen, sports suspension set-up, engine spoiler, 12V socket and 5.5" rear wheel (+0.5") with 180/55 tyre.
The 5 split spoke cast Aluminium 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 170/60 at the rear.
- 1998-1999: Black (orange seat), orange, red
- 2000-2003: Silver/yellow, silver, red, orange, grey/orange
- 2004: Red, silver, blue, grey/orange
BoxerCup Replica (2003)
The main differences over the base bike are a revised fourth gear ratio from 0.930 to 0.903, the wider 5.5" rear wheel with 180/55 tyre, engine spoiler, 60mm higher seat, Metzeler Sportek M1 tyres and Laser exhausts. Like the racing machines it also has a raised chassis with longer spring struts and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) cylinder head covers. The colours scheme was white, red and blue.
Unfortunately the BoxerCup bike really hold their used value so expect the prices to be much higher than the standard bikes.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (6)
- 1 of 2
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|