BMW R1100S Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R1100S is a premium sports touring style bike and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,085 cc Boxer engine, producing 98 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 5,750 rpm.
- Shaft final drive
- Aluminium frame with Steel tubular subframe
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 276 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Anti-dive Telelever fork with 110 mm travel and rebound adjustment
- Adjustable Paralever rear suspension with 130 mm
- Bosch Motronic MA 2.4 fuel injection
- Magnesium valve covers
- 4-level adjustable levers
- Removable pillion seat cover
- 6 speed gearbox
- Centre stand
The engine is from R1100RS but has a tweaked compression ratio, air intake and forged connecting rods to increase the top speed and power.
The look is quite unique with the single sided swingarm, low down Boxer engine, dual under seat 2->2 Stainless Steel exhaust system and asymmetrical headlights. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 170/60 at the rear.
Options include ABS II, hard panniers, 2-level heated grips, high handlebars, tall screen, sports suspension set-up, engine spoiler, 12V socket and 5.5" rear wheel (+0.5") with 180/55 tyre.
- 1998-1999: Black (orange seat), orange, red
- 2000-2003: Silver/yellow, silver, red, orange, grey/orange
- 2004: Red, silver, blue, grey/orange
Launch RRP: £8,000
Capacity: 1,085 cc (high)
Power: 98 bhp, 73 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 150 mph, 241 km/h (very high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 40 mpg, 7.1 l/100km, 14.2 km/l (average)
Range: 160 miles, 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres, 4.8 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 800 mm, 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 229 kg, 505 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 208 kg, 459 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.428 bhp/kg, 0.319 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Model History & Updates
2002: Front discs upgraded to 320 mm.
2003: BoxerCup Replica with revised fourth gear ratio from 0.930 to 0.903, wider rear wheel with 180/55 tyre, engine spoiler, 60 mm higher seat, Metzeler Sportek M1 tyres, Laser exhausts, raised chassis with longer spring struts, Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) cylinder head covers and white/red/blue colours.
For Sale (4)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left