Yamaha Tricity 300 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha Tricity 300 is an A2 friendly three-wheeled maxi scooter and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 292 cc single cylinder engine, producing 27.6 bhp at 7,250 rpm and maximum torque at 5,750 rpm. It also features on the X-MAX 300.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- Dual 267 mm discs up front with Nissin single piston calipers
- 267 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS and combined braking system
- Traction control
- Forks with 100 mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with 84 mm travel
- Bag hook
- LCD dash
- LED lighting
- Keyless start
- Centre stand
- Parking brake
Like the Tricity 125 the front wheels use an Ackerman design which leans when cornering but unlike other three wheel scooters Yamaha has emphasised agility with the Tricity.
Each front wheel connects to its own fork, with one leg handling suspension and the other support. In the UK the key figure is that the front wheels are 470 mm apart.
The benefits of an extra wheel up front include improved braking, traction in corners and the ability to handle potholes. It will even lock in the upright position at the lights, so there's no need to put your foot down, disengaging when the throttle is activated.
The unified braking system lets you apply balanced braking force front and rear using input from both levers, helping prevent the wheels locking up. Applying only the front brake activates just the front discs and the rear activates all three.
Underseat storage is enough for two full face helmets and includes LED lighting, plus there's a cubbyhole with a 12V socket to charge your phone.
The 9-spoke 14" front wheels take Bridgestone Battlax SC 120/70 tyres and the rear a 140/70.
Accessories include the smoked sports screen, tall screen, 39 litre top box, heated grips, handguards, Aluminium footboards, comfort seat, sports muffler and pillion backrest.
Colours: Matt grey, grey, Tech KamoDid You Know?
- It's the production version of the 3CT prototype and is also known as the MW300.
- The wheels are more than 460 mm apart, making it a trike, which can be ridden on a car licence if you are over 21.
- It has a foot brake.
Review In A Few
- Can be ridden on a car licence
- Stands up on its own
- Pothole proof
- Three wheels divides opinion
- Expensive new
- Really heavy
Capacity: 292 cc (low)
Power: 28 bhp / 21 kW (average)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 85 mph / 137 km/h (average)
Economy: 75 mpg / 3.8 L/100km (good)
Range: 210 miles / 338 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 13.0 litres / 2.9 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 795 mm / 31.3 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 239 kg / 527 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.117 bhp/kg / 0.087 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today. Set up an alert and we will let you know when we see one.