Zero FX Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: High (881 mm / 34.7 inches)
- Weight: Light (131 kg / 289 lbs)
- Battery Capacity: 7.2 kWh
- Range: Low (60 miles / 97 km)
- Charge Time: Slow (9.7 hours) Fast (1.8 hours)
- Top Speed: Average (85 mph / 137 km/h)
- Power: Continuous (15.0 kW / 20.1 bhp) Peak (33.0 kW / 44.3 bhp)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.336 bhp/kg / 0.250 kW/kg)
- Launch RRP: £10,490
For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from Autogefühl.
What Is It?
The Zero FX is a premium off-road focused bike and is powered by an air-cooled Z-Force 75-5 motor, producing 44.3 bhp peak power at 4,500 rpm and 21 bhp continuous power at 4,300 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- 240 mm disc up front with J-Juan two piston caliper
- 240 mm disc at the rear with J-Juan single piston caliper
- Bosch ABS system with off-mode
- Adjustable 41 mm Showa fork with 218 mm travel
- Adjustable 40 mm Showa rear shock with 227 mm travel
- Power / re-gen braking modes: Eco, Sport, Custom
- LCD dash, adjustable levers
The 7.2 kWh battery charges to 100% in a hefty 9.7 hours but it can be reduced to just 1.8 hours with the £700 quick charger and you can take advantage of the public quick charging stations or a quick charge station at home if you have one specially fitted.
For piece of mind you also get a five year warranty on the ZF7.2 Li-Ion battery but unlike the rest of the Zero range the FX models don't accept the 3.6 kWh PowerTank accessory to boost range. It is however eligible for the current Government electric vehicle grant of £1,500.
Like many of the cruisers out there the final drive is via a belt, which reduces the usual chain maintenance tasks and adds to the overall quiet package.
There's also a handy app which can connect to the bike and can be used to easily tweak all the various ride mode parameters like max speed, torque and the level of re-generative braking. Sport gives you maximum performance at the expense of range while Eco limits the top speed, drops available torque by almost half and cranks re-gen braking up to the max.
The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a 90/90 Pirelli Scorpion MT-90 tyre and the rear 18" a 120/80. Accessories include knobbly tyres and a chain kit to replace the belt for more intensive off-road use.
- 2018: Black, white
- 2019-2020: Brown
- 2021: Black/green
The "5" in the motor name refers to the size of the rotor and like most electric bikes maximum torque is available almost instantly.
Model History & Updates
2019: Zero have added a long term storage mode which automatically optimises the state of charge for long periods of no use.
Popularity & How Many Left