Suzuki RGV250 For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki RGV250 is a dedicated super light sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 249 cc 90° V-Twin two stroke engine, producing 58 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 10,800 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 290 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 210 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- 41 mm fork with 120 mm travel and 5-level pre-load adjustment
- Rear shock with 140 mm travel and 7-level pre-load adjustment
- 6 speed gearbox, kick starter only
- 2->2 exhaust system
The replacement for the RG250 Gamma features much of the advanced tech behind Suzuki's race bikes, such as a curved radiator, Mikuni oval carburettors and advanced Aluminium frame. The 3-spoke 17" front wheel takes a 110/70 tyre and the rear 18" a 140/60.
- 1987: White/blue
- 1988: Blue/white
- 1989: Blue/white, black/red, Pepsi
- 1990: Blue/white
- 1991-1993: Blue/white, black
- 1994-1995: Blue/white, black/purple
- 1996: Blue/white, red/white
- 1997: Black/white/red
1987: It started off production with the rare RGV250H, making only 45 bhp, then the more widely available RGV250K / VJ21A.
1988: RGV250SP Special Production launched with dry clutch, close ratio gearbox and Pepsi paint scheme.
1989: RGV250N with 62 bhp, exhaust timing system, "banana" swingarm and upside down fork.
1990: RGV250M with new swingarm design (+10 kg) and new suspension. SP edition with Lucky Stripe paint scheme.
1994: UK production run of VJ22A ends.
1995: Japan only model with 70 bhp, new 70° V-Twin engine, electric starter, new frame and re-designed suspension / gearbox. Only 2,218 units were produced.
Did You Know?
RGV stands for Racing Gamma V-Twin.
Review In A Few
- Excellent brakes, light weight
- All the power is really high up the range
Capacity: 249 cc (low)
Power: 58 bhp / 43 kW (average)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 135 mph / 217 km/h (high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 755 mm / 29.7 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 146 kg / 322 pounds (light)
Dry Weight: 128 kg / 282 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.397 bhp/kg / 0.296 kW/kg
Check out suzukicycles.org for loads more info.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|1989||-||1||1||8 / month|
|1990||2||1||3||25 / month|
|1992||-||2||2||13 / month|