Honda VFR750R RC30 For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda VFR750R RC30 is a rare iconic sports bike which was created for the World Superbike Championship by HRC and is now seen as an investment opportunity. It's powered by a liquid cooled 748 cc V4 16 valve engine, producing 94 bhp at 11,300 rpm and maximum torque at 9,800 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Showa quick release fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Stainless Steel 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 4 Keihin VD 38 mm carbs
- Slipper clutch, single seat
- 6 speed gearbox
While it's based on the 35 kg heavier standard VFR750 there are a number of key differences which, along with the very low numbers around, keep the price sky high. Firstly it's a proper race bike which happens to be road legal and it dominated the Isle of Man TT race in the late 80s.
The engine features gear driven camshafts, Titanium conrods, 360° crank setup and close ratio gearbox with very tall first gear (up to around 80 mph). It also features a specially designed clutch, water pump, oil pump, cylinder head, valve train and pistons.
The 6-spoke 17" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the 8-spoke 18" rear wheel a 170/60 tyre.
Did You Know?
Only 3,000 were made with 1,000 restricted to 77bhp for the Japanese market (black mirrors and smaller headlights).
Launch RRP: £8,500
Capacity: 748 cc (average)
Power: 94 bhp / 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 12,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 155 mph / 249 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 800 mm / 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 208 kg / 459 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 185 kg / 408 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.452 bhp/kg / 0.337 kW/kg
Geoff's RC30 page has all you need, really!
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left