Suzuki RG500 Gamma For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki RG500 Gamma is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by liquid cooled 498 cc square four two-stroke engine, producing 95 bhp at 9,500 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Aluminium box-section frame and swingarm
- Dual 260 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 210 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- 38 mm fork with anti-dive system, pre-load adjustment and 130 mm travel
- Full-floater rear shock with pre-load adjustment and 127 mm travel
- Suzuki Automatic Exhaust Control (SAEC)
- Suzuki Intake Power Chamber (SIPC)
- Mikuni VM28SH carbs
- Kick starter
- 6 speed gearbox
Square four engines are quite rare, compared to the more spaced out V4 designs, because the two banks of cylinders are so close that cooling and input / output can be difficult to design in.
The Gamma is considered to be one of best final two-stroke designs, before being killed off by increasingly strict Euro regulations. Part of the appeal is the four separate exhausts, with two under the seat and two down low.
The 6-spoke 16" front wheel takes a 110/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 120/90.
Colours: Blue/white, red/white/blue, red/black (Walter Wolf special edition)
Did You Know?
Sheene is a 2017 movie based on Barry Sheene and the 1976 XR14 race bike.
Review In A Few
- Smooth power delivery
- Very expensive
- Very rare
Capacity: 498 cc (average)
Power: 95 bhp / 71 kW (average)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 145 mph / 233 km/h (high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 22.0 litres / 4.8 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 770 mm / 30.3 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 173 kg / 381 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 154 kg / 340 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.549 bhp/kg / 0.409 kW/kg
Check out this really in depth article from classic-motorbikes.net
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation