Kawasaki Z1 / Z900 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 7 of 10
Current Prices: £20,700–£11,900
Power: 82 bhp
Engine: 903 cc, 9,000 rpm red line, 130 mph top speed
Economy: 35 mpg
Range: 140 miles from the 18.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 813 mm
Weight: 248 kg (wet), 230 kg (dry)
What Is It?
The original Z1 is a classic naked bike and is powered by an air cooled 903cc inline four cylinder four stroke engine, producing 82bhp at 8,500rpm and maximum torque at 7,000rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- 296mm disc up front with single piston caliper
- 200mm drum brake at the rear
- 36mm fork
- Dual rear shocks with 5-level pre-load adjustment
- Four 28mm Mikuni VM28 carbs
- 4->4 Chromed exhaust system
- Electric and kick starter
- 5 speed gearbox
The cylinder block was painted black and dual front discs were an optional extra. The 19" front wheel takes a 3.25 tyre and the rear 18" a 4.00.
- 1972-1973: Orange/brown, yellow/green
- 1974: Brown/orange, brown/yellow
- 1975: Blue/yellow, red/yellow
- 1976: Green/gold, brown/gold
1974 Z1A: Silver engine, previously partly black.
1975 Z1B: Low handlebar option introduced.
1976 Z900: Name change to Z900 (KZ900 in the USA), 26mm carbs, down 1bhp to 81bhp, new frame and dual front discs standard (previously a factory option).
Did You Know?
The bike has appeared in numerous films like Mad Max and The Spy Who Loved Me.
Check out KawasakiZ1.com for a ridiculous amount of detailed info
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (19)
- 1 of 7
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: