Kawasaki Z1 / Z900 For Sale
The 1972 Kawasaki Z900 is a classic naked bike and is powered by a 903cc inline four engine which puts out 82bhp.
What Is It?
The original Z1 was powered by an air cooled 903cc inline four cylinder four stroke engine, producing 82bhp at 8,500rpm and maximum torque at 7,000rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- 296mm disc up front with single piston caliper
- 200mm drum brake at the rear
- 36mm fork
- Dual rear shocks with 5-level pre-load adjustment
- Four 28mm Mikuni VM28 carbs
- 4->4 Chromed exhaust system
- Electric and kick starter
- 5 speed gearbox
The cylinder block was painted black and dual front discs were an optional extra.
- 1972-1973: Orange/brown, yellow/green
- 1974: Brown/orange, brown/yellow
- 1975: Blue/yellow, red/yellow
- 1976: Green/gold, brown/gold
The 19" front wheel takes a 3.25H tyre and the rear 18" a 4.00H.
- 1974 Z1A: Silver engine, previously partly black.
- 1975 Z1B: Low handlebar option introduced.
- 1976 Z900: Name change to Z900 (KZ900 in the USA), 26mm carbs, down 1bhp to 81bhp, new frame and dual front discs standard (previously a factory option).
Did You Know?
The bike has appeared in numerous films like Mad Max and The Spy Who Loved Me
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (14)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this quick walkaround of a 1973 Z1 from GatewayClassicCars:
Check out KawasakiZ1.com for a ridiculous amount of detailed info