Kawasaki Z1 / Z900 For Sale
What Is It?
The original Z1 is a classic naked bike and is powered by an air cooled 903 cc inline four cylinder four stroke engine, producing 82 bhp at 8,500 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- 296 mm disc up front with single piston caliper
- 200 mm drum brake at the rear
- 36 mm standard fork
- Dual rear shocks with 5-level pre-load adjustment
- Four 28 mm Mikuni VM28 carbs
- 4->4 Chromed exhaust system
- Electric and kick starter
- 5 speed gearbox
The cylinder block was painted black and dual front discs were an optional extra. The 19" front wheel takes a 3.25 tyre and the rear 18" a 4.00.
- 1972-1973: Orange/brown, yellow/green
- 1974: Brown/orange, brown/yellow
- 1975: Blue/yellow, red/yellow
- 1976: Green/gold, brown/gold
The bike has appeared in numerous films like Mad Max and The Spy Who Loved Me.
1974 Z1A: Silver engine, previously partly black.
1975 Z1B: Low handlebar option introduced.
1976 Z900: Name change to Z900 (KZ900 in the USA), 26 mm carbs, down 1 bhp to 81 bhp, new frame and dual front discs standard (previously a factory option).
Capacity: 903 cc (average)
Power: 82 bhp / 61 kW (average)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 813 mm / 32.0 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 248 kg / 547 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 230 kg / 507 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.331 bhp/kg / 0.247 kW/kg
Check out KawasakiZ1.com for a ridiculous amount of detailed info
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get an instant online valuation from WeBuyAnyBike.com:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation