XT1200Z Super Ténéré For Sale
The 2010 Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a 1,199cc parallel twin engine which puts out 111bhp. It was joined in 2014 by the ZE and finally in 2018 by the Raid Edition.
- Plenty of low down power, build quality and comfort, low centre of gravity
- It's up against the best selling GS, no gear position indicator, on the heavy side
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,199cc 270° parallel twin engine, producing 110.5bhp at 7,250rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm. Unusually the radiator is on the left side so the engine could be mounted further forward, balanced by the battery on the other side and final drive is via shaft like the BMW R1200GS.
- Steel tubular frame
- Dual 310mm wavy discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 282mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS and combined braking system
- Adjustable 43mm upside down fork with 190mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 190mm travel
- 2-level traction control with off mode and 2 riding modes (D-Mode)
- Adjustable 845mm or 870mm seat
- Adjustable screen (with a screwdriver)
- 12V socket near the dash
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Like Yamaha's other other models fitted with their unified braking system (C-ABS in Hondaspeak) the front lever operates both brakes and the rear lever just the rear brake, unless you touch the rear brake lever first in which case they operate independently. The wire spoked 19" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include a Titanium slipon muffler (£791), Carbon side panels (£564), fork protectors (£416), LED fog lights (£384), Aluminium top case (£321), engine bars (£285), heated grips (£270), 35mm lower seat (£238), belly pan (£134), tall screen (£170), pillion grab rails (£162), centre stand (£151), LED indicators (£96 front/rear) and knobbly off-road tyres.
The Worldcrosser accessory pack includes Carbon frame protectors, Carbon side panels, Carbon fork protectors, Aluminium rear brake protector/drive shaft protector, belly pan, tank pads and stick on graphics but adds 4kg to the weight.
- 2014: Black, blue (both with gold fork)
- 2015-2016: Silver/blue (blue fork)
- 2017-2018: Black (gold fork), blue (black fork), white (2019)
- Worldcrosser 2014: Blue/gold (gold fork)
- Worldcrosser 2015-2017: Silver/black (blue fork)
The £1,800 more expensive XT1200ZE gets you electronically adjustable suspension, pillion grab rails, top box mount, heated grips and centre stand.
2014: Dash update with gear position indicator (check the pics above), more easily adjustable screen, LED indicators standard, small engine tweaks and new Aluminium handlebars.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
- Related Model
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|
RM/2010/018, launched 27/07/2010, affected 127 bikes
It has been established that if a top box is fitted to the machine, this can cause stress on the rear mounting points of the frame, which will eventually fail and result in detachment of the top box.