Yamaha Ténéré 700 First Look
The 2019 Yamaha Ténéré 700 is an off-road focused adventure bike and is powered by a 689cc parallel twin engine which puts out 72bhp.
- Based on the excellent MT-07
- Range, non-LED indicators
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 689cc parallel twin engine, producing 72.4bhp at 9,000rpm and maximum torque at 6,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 282mm wavy discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 245mm wavy disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable 43mm upside down fork with 210mm travel
- Rear shock with 200mm travel and remote adjuster
- LED headlight and position lights
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The off-road version of the best selling MT-07 / Tracer 700 was first shown as the T7 prototype in 2016 and differentiates itself with long travel suspension, wire-spoked wheels, fork guards, a bash plate, handguards, Brembo brakes, beefed up final transmission, specific fuel injection settings, a flat seat, short off-road screen, new frame and custom LCD dash.
We particularly like the four stacked LED headlights which give a really unique look and which cunningly avoid that wonky look. The wire-spoked 21" front wheel takes a Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR 90/90 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
Accessories are likely to include an Akrapovic exhaust system, LED indicators, panniers and a few billet upgrades.
Colours: Black/blue (our fav), white/red, black/grey/yellow
It should hit the dealers late summer 2019
Did You Know?
Ténéré means wilderness or desert and it's also known as the XTZ700
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Check out this video from Yamaha: