BMW S1000R Sport For Sale
The BMW S1000R is a premium naked bike and is powered by a 999cc inline four engine which puts out 160bhp.
What Is It?
- Easy to use power, electronics package, DDC is very good, great all rounder
- Wobbly mirrors, wind protection
The S1000R is a naked version of the popular S1000RR, sharing the engine, gearbox, frame and suspension but with a higher handlebar for comfort. The 999cc inline four cylinder engine is tuned for low and mid-range torque, peaking at 9,250rpm, while maximum power of 160bhp is achieved at 11,000rpm (it's 199bhp at 13,500rpm on the S1000RR).
- Aluminium double sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo radial mount 2 piston calipers
- Rear 220mm disc with Brembo single piston caliper
- Adjustable 46mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120mm travel
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC) and ABS
- Two ride modes for ASC/ABS: Road and Rain (136bhp)
- Slipper clutch and ride by wire throttle
- Stainless steel exhaust system
- 17" cast Aluminium wheels
- Side stand with auto cut out
- 6 speed gearbox and LED rear light
The base S1000R retails at £10,350 while the pimped S1000R Sport comes in at £11,750. You can tell the sport apart because it has an additional engine spoiler near the bottom of the radiator (from 2017 the S1000R gets a new fairing with the lower spoiler as well). The extra cash basically gets you all the options below added to the standard model at a bit of a discount so it's worth looking out for:
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
- Two additional pro riding modes; Dynamic and Dynamic Pro
- Dynamic Damping Control (DDC) / dynamic electronic suspension
- Quick shifter (Gear Shift Assist)
- Cruise control
- Heated grips
- LED indicators
- Engine spoiler
The front fork is gold, rather than black, when DDC is fitted which lets you change the suspension settings with a button rather than with screwdrivers so it's worth having if you know the road is about to get dodgy. If you want to take things further there are plenty of carbon bits and 2kg lighter forged Aluminium wheels.
Colours: red/black, white/black, blue/grey/black
2017: Thorough update with Euro 4 compliance, power up 5bhp to 165bhp, weight down by 2kg, HP Titanium silencer standard, Race ABS standard, vibration free handlebars, lighter rear frame, cornering ABS and noticeably smaller fairing.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (26)
- 1 of 9
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this review from BaronVonGrumble: